SecondSTAX Legal Information
Terms & Conditions
Information About Us
We are SecondSTAX, Inc., a Delaware corporation with offices at 251 Little Falls Drive, Wilmington, DE, 19808, USA with company number 3817900.
SecondSTAX, Inc., and its global affiliates made up of several local operating entities in several markets across the world (collectively, “we”, “our”, “us” or “SecondSTAX”) are the operators of the website https://secondstax.com (“our site”) and cloud-based portal, including any associated mobile and desktop applications developed by or for us (the “Services”).
Our primary aim is to promote Pan-African cross-border capital investments for investment firms through financial technology.
The “Effective Date” of this Agreement is the date of a Customer’s initial access to our site.
Accessing Our Site
- Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our site, or our entire site, to users who have registered with us.
- If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password, or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any third party. We have the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms.
- You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your internet connection are aware of these Terms and that they comply with them.
Intellectual Property Rights
- We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organization to material posted on our site.
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences, or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our site must always be acknowledged.
- You must not use any part of the materials on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a license to do so from us or our licensors.
- If you print off, copy, or download any part of our site in breach of these Terms, your right to use our site will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
Reliance on Information Posted
Commentaries and other materials posted on our site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
Our Site Changes Regularly
We aim to update our site regularly and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material. The most current version of the Terms can be viewed by clicking on the “Terms of Service” link at the bottom of our site’s home page. If you continue to use our site after changes are posted, you will be deemed to have accepted the change.
Information About You and Your Visits to Our Site
Uploading Material to Our Site
- Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload material to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must observe reasonable content standards.
- Any material you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute, and disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights or of their right to privacy. You warrant that you have made all disclosures and have all rights, consents, and permissions necessary to use the content you share on our site.
- We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of our site.
- We have the right to remove any material or posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, such material does not comply with our content standards.
All materials, products, and services provided on our site, unless indicated otherwise, are the property of SecondSTAX. You agree that no material on this medium may be copied, displayed, modified, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, transmitted (in any form or medium), distributed, or used for creating derivative works or for commercial or public purposes except to access the services for your personal use or as allowed by us.
Compliance With Applicable Laws
As a condition of your access to and use of our site, you agree that you will not use our site for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms and that you will comply with all applicable laws and any conditions or restrictions imposed by these Terms.
- The services on our site are provided “as is.” SecondSTAX makes no warranty, implied or expressed, that any part of our site will be uninterrupted and error-free. There may be delays, omissions, interruptions, and inaccuracies in the information or other materials available through our site. We disclaim to the maximum extent permitted by law any and all such representations and warranties. If you rely on our site and any materials made available through our site or Services, you do so solely at your own risk.
- We reserve the right to correct any errors or omissions in the services and information provided on our site.
Disclaimer of Warranties
- The services are provided “as is.” We do not warrant that the services will be uninterrupted or error-free. There may be delays, omissions, interruptions, and inaccuracies in the news, information, or other materials available through the services.
- Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, SecondSTAX disclaims to the maximum extent permitted by law any and all
- warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose,
- warranties against infringement of any third party intellectual property or proprietary rights,
- warranties relating to the transmission or delivery of the services on our site,
- warranties relating to the accuracy, reliability, correctness, timeliness, or completeness of data made available on our site, including any advice, opinion, statement, or other material or database displayed, uploaded, or distributed on or available through our site.
- We make no warranties or representations, express or implied
- that the information provided through the services on our site will be free from error, omission, interruption, defect, or delay in operation, or from technical inaccuracies or typographical errors,
- that our site will be available at any particular time or location,
- that defects or errors in our site will be corrected,
- that the content on the site is free of viruses or other harmful components.
- Any information on our site is subject to change without notice and we reserve the right to correct any errors or omissions in the services on our site.
Limitation of Liability
In no event will SecondSTAX or its affiliates or any party involved in creating, producing, or delivering the services be liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, special, or punitive damages arising out of your access, use, misuse, or inability to use our site or any linked sites, or in connection with any failure of performance, error, transmission, computer virus, or line or system failure. These limitations apply whether the alleged liability is based on contract, tort, negligence, strict liability, or any other basis.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless SecondSTAX and its subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their owners, directors, officers, managers, employees, shareholders, agents, and licensors, from and against all losses, expenses, damages, and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from any violation of the Terms by you or any other person using your account. We reserve the right to take over the exclusive defense of any claim for which we are entitled to indemnification under this provision. In such event, you shall provide us with such cooperation as is reasonably requested by us.
Viruses, Hacking, and Other Offenses
- You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs, or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorized access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer, or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- By breaching the provisions of this clause 15, you would commit a criminal offense under applicable Cybersecurity Laws. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities, and we will cooperate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data, or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or due to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Linking to Our Site
- You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval, or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
- Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- If you wish to make any use of material on our site other than that set out above, please address your request to email@example.com.
Links from Our Site
- Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of the linked sites.
- We do not endorse, sponsor, recommend, or otherwise accept responsibility for any linked sites.
All rights in the product names, company names, trade names, logos, service marks, trade dress, slogans, product packaging, and designs on our site, whether or not appearing in large print or with the trademark symbol, belong exclusively to SecondSTAX or its licensors and are protected from reproduction, imitation, dilution, or confusing or misleading uses under national and international trademark and copyright laws. The use or misuse of these trademarks or any materials, except as permitted herein, is expressly prohibited, and nothing stated or implied on our site confers on you any license or right under any patent or trademark of SecondSTAX, its affiliates, or any third party.
We may revise these Terms at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in these Terms may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.
- You will not (and will not permit anyone else to) do any of the following:
- provide access to, distribute, sell, or sublicense the services offered on our site to a third party.
- take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our network or infrastructure.
- engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying our site.
- take any action that violates or threatens our system or network security.
- use the services offered on our site to develop a similar or competing product or service.
- scrape, data mine, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or seek to access any non-public source code or non-public APIs to or unauthorized data from our site, except to the extent expressly permitted by applicable laws (provided you give us prior notice).
- remove or obscure any proprietary notices in the services offered on our site or otherwise misrepresent the source of ownership of our site.
- interfere with our site’s operation, circumvent its access restrictions or conduct any security or vulnerability test of our site.
- transmit any viruses or other harmful materials to our site.
- engage in any fraudulent, misleading, illegal, or unethical activities related to our site or use our site to store or transmit material that contains illegal content.
- Violations of these Terms may result in civil or criminal liability. We may investigate violations of these Terms and we may also work with law enforcement authorities to prosecute users who violate the Terms.
- You will not (and will not permit anyone else to) do any of the following:
We may terminate this agreement for any reason at any time. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to and use of our site, with or without prior notice. Otherwise, applicable sections of the Terms shall survive termination. In addition to any termination rights, we reserve the right to enforce and prosecute any violations of these Terms.
Jurisdiction and Applicable Law
These Terms and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Delaware, and you submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the State and Federal Courts located in Delaware for the resolution of any dispute. To abide by local laws, SecondSTAX as a global company with local expertise will operate in compliance with applicable law.
In connection with your use of our site, you may be asked to consent to policies or terms and conditions in addition to these Terms. Please read these supplemental policies and terms carefully before making any use of such related portions of our site. Any supplemental terms will not vary or replace these Terms regarding any use of our site, unless otherwise expressly stated.
The failure of SecondSTAX to enforce any provisions of the Terms or to respond to a breach by you or other parties shall not in any way waive its rights to enforce subsequently any terms or conditions of the Terms or to act with respect to similar breaches.
You agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and SecondSTAX as a result of these Terms or your access to and use of our site.
Unless otherwise specified herein, the Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and SecondSTAX and govern your use of our site. If any portion of the Terms is held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed in a manner consistent with applicable law to reflect, as nearly as possible, the original intention of the parties, and the remaining portions shall remain in full force, and effect.
If you have any questions, comments, requests, or inquiries regarding material that appears on our site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for visiting our site.
Dated: 4 August 2023