Quality Assurance Associate
Engineering | Global | Remote
SecondSTAX (SSX) was founded on the principle that investment firms will not be limited to investing only in their resident jurisdictions but will have access to trade in other markets and generate additional revenue for themselves and their clients. To bridge this gap in the market, SSX provides financial technology to investment firms for cross-border trading in African stocks and bonds.
To integrate and harmonize the fragmented African Capital Markets sector for investment firms (i.e., asset managers, broker-dealers, and institutional investors) by enhancing existing and in many cases facilitating new cross-border transaction flows.
Promote Pan-African cross-border capital investments through financial technology.
About the Role
We are looking for a talented and motivated QA associate to join our software quality assurance team and help us deliver high-quality products and services. As a QA associate, you will be responsible for testing software programs, identifying bugs and defects, providing feedback and suggestions, and documenting the testing process. You will also work closely with the QA team lead and other teams to ensure alignment and collaboration.
The role will have responsibility for, but is not limited to the following:
- Test software applications using various manual and automated tools, techniques, and methodologies.
- Identify, classify, and resolve bugs, defects, and errors in applications.
- Provide feedback to engineers and suggestions to improve software quality and functionality.
- Document the testing process, results, and resolution.
- Follow quality standards and best practices.
- Collaborate with the QA team lead and other teams to ensure alignment and coordination.
- Learn new skills, tools, and techniques to enhance your testing capabilities.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field
- At least 2 years of experience with software testing
- Familiarity with various testing tools, techniques and methodologies
- Experience with test automation, performance testing, security testing or user testing is a plus
- Knowledge of software development life cycle and agile methodologies
- Good communication, collaboration and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Attention to detail and quality orientation
- Send an email with your cover letter and CV/resume to: email@example.com
- Use this subject line for your application: SSX Quality Assurance Associate
8th September 2023